Mon, Jul 31|
Bozeman - Manual Lymphatic Drainage - 45 CE Hours
Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD) is a very effective yet gentle manual technique that is easy on the therapist’s body and well tolerated by even highly-sensitive clients. MLD reduces swelling and detoxifies the skin.
Time & Location
Jul 31, 2023, 9:00 AM – Aug 05, 2023, 5:00 PM
Bozeman, 875 Bridger Dr, Bozeman, MT 59715, USA
About the Event
Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD) is a very effective yet gentle manual technique that is easy on the therapist’s body and well tolerated by even highly-sensitive clients. MLD reduces swelling and detoxifies the skin and superficial fascia by promoting drainage within the superficial and deep systems of the lymph vascular network.
INSTRUCTOR: Nicola McGill establishes a supportive class environment in which you’ll learn the anatomy and physiology of the lymphatic system and effective MLD sequences that can reduce swelling and other symptoms associated with: Post-surgical edema; soft-tissue injuries; rheumatoid arthritis; fibromyalgia; whiplash; migraine headaches; PTSD; anxiety disorders; mild, medically-uncomplicated lymphedema; and more!
ELIGIBILITY: Actively Licensed/Registered Massage Therapists or Structural Integration practitioners that have completed at least 500 hours of massage or bodywork training or be certified by the NCBTMB.
REGISTRATION: Contact Geri Ruane at 512-758-3811 and admin@nicolamcgill .com or pre-register online at
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Visit www.klosetraining.com/MLD.
LOCATION: Bozeman, Montana
Sacred Roots Massage School of Montana 875 Bridger Drive, Unit C, Bozeman, Montana 59715
DATES: July 31 - August 5, 2023
“The best continuing education course I’ve ever taken.”
“Nicola is an amazing instructor. Her passion and knowledge of the material shine through in her teaching. She’s incredibly patient and kind and caring.”
“ This has been the best continuing education course of my entire career. I got an excellent balance of hands-on application, lecture, and visuals and diagrams." - NCTMB
“ Nicola’s experience in the field makes her the IDEAL person to learn from. She also demonstrates amazing grace and patience with multitudes of questions. She rocked it!” - LMT
“ In the three months since the class, I have used MLD on numerous clients to calm down the flares of fibromyalgia, reduce post-surgical edema, reduce lymphedema swelling, and help with sinus issues and migraines. I am so grateful for the training I received from Klose Training.” - LMT
The MLD Advantage
Getting MLD-certified expands your skill set which will help you better serve your current clients. Some therapists find it beneficial to use MLD in every massage session in conjunction with other techniques.
Becoming certified will also attract new clients to your practice who require this special form of massage. PTs and OTs often refer their patients with lymphedema to LMT-CLTs for maintenance therapy.
MLD has many applications including: As an adjunct therapy for clients who have been injured For use with oncology patients who prefer a lighter massage For treating post-surgical patients with edema (swelling) To improve the QOL for hospice patients and those in palliative care As an additional option to Swedish or relaxation massage And more!
MLD Course Objectives
Participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the anatomy and the relevant scientific terminology related to the lymphatic system
- Demonstrate an understanding of the differentiation between the normal and diseased states of the lymphatic system (physiology and pathophysiology of the lymphatic system)
- Demonstrate an understanding of the indications and contraindications related to the use of MLD
- Competently perform the techniques of MLD for all body areas
- Develop appropriate treatment strategies for indications such as post-surgical and post-traumatic edema, fibromyalgia, general detoxification and other conditions
- Competently perform MLD on clients after breast surgery for cancer (clients at risk to develop lymphedema)
- Competently perform MLD on clients with mild, medically-uncomplicated, primary or secondary lymphedemaKLOSE TRAINING has been providing certification courses in MLD for over 10 years. Our instructors have active private practices and a wealth of first-hand professional experience to enhance your learning. They are highly rated by our students for their knowledge, compassion, and teaching ability. To learn more about Klose Training, visit